To our valued patients:
We sincerely hope that this letter finds you and your family well. Our community and country have been through a lot over the past few months and quite a bit has changed in recent times. However, one thing that has not changed is our commitment to your health and safety.
We are reopening our office for all routine care beginning Monday, May 18th so that we may begin to serve your dental health needs again. Please note that infection control has always been a top priority for our dental clinic, ensuring that your dental care is comfortable and safe. We have and will continue to follow the infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), Iowa Dental Board (IDB), U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). We have been diligently following the activities of these agencies so that we are up-to-date on any new rulings or guidelines that may be or have been issued. We have certainly been following and implementing any new guidelines associated with the COVID-19 virus.
Due to the new recommendations, you may see some changes at your next visit. We have made these changes to help protect you as well as our dental team. For example:
- Our office will communicate with you before scheduling your appointment to ask you several screening questions. You will be asked these same questions again when you arrive at our office. We will also be taking your temperature on the forehead.
- We will ask you to wear a mask and use hand sanitizer when you enter the office.
- You may notice that our waiting room will no longer offer magazines, children’s toys and other items that are difficult to disinfect.
- Your appointment will be managed to allow for as much social distancing as possible between patients. This may mean fewer options for appointment times for the time being. Please be patient with us, as we have many appointments to reschedule.
- We want to minimize patient wait times in the reception area as well as reduce the number of patients in the reception area at all times. Therefore, we will be asking all patients to wait in the car and call when they arrive. If you are unable to call, we will come out to get you when your appointment time starts. We will ask all unnecessary guests to remain outside the building, if possible.
Our dental team is looking forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the measures we are taking in order to keep all of you and our staff safe in our practice. To make an appointment, please call our office at 712-472-3797 or contact us through our website.
Thank you all so much. We truly value your trust and loyalty and cannot wait to welcome you back!
Dr. Joe Murphy, Kim Murphy and our entire dental team.